Dental implants are ideal for individuals who wish to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are an effective long-term solution that provide greater structural support and last longer than either dental bridges or dentures.
Dental implants serve as the artificial root to which new teeth are attached. They are typically constructed of medical grade titanium, a strong and safe material that naturally integrates with your jawbone. The procedure to place dental implants typically involves three steps: the implant insertion stage, Osseointegration (the period of healing for the jawbone), and the attachment of the restoration or new tooth.
Benefits of dental implants over other treatment options:
• Is the closest possible replacement to natural teeth
• Makes replacement teeth stable for eating and smiling with confidence
• Eliminates the pain of ill-fitting partial and full dentures
• Helps to maintain the shape of your face
• Removes the need to grind down healthy teeth for a bridge
• Helps to preserve the bone in the jaw
• Improved appearance
• Improved comfort
• Improved speech
• Eat easier
• Protect your remaining natural teeth
Considering all other benefits, dental implants will also improve your self-esteem. You can regain nearly all the capabilities that most people have with natural teeth, giving you renewed confidence, allowing you to enjoy life, do what everyone else is doing and not think twice about it.